Tuesday, May 17, 2011

American Miniaturist Voodoo Shack in the Bayou

So excited I got my American Miniaturist with Martha Puffs Voodoo Shack. It is such a cool building. I was lucky enough to see it when they were still working on it. Now that it is finished I am so proud to have so many of my miniatures in there. It is a great issue Michael Puff give tips on how to create rust and age ceder shakes. Totally worth buying the magazine for that. I also have a voodoo doll "how to" and there are many other artist "how to's" in the issue like "Kat the hat lady" gives a wonderful tutorial on how to make a leather pirate hat.. There are many other artists I am forgetting.. I am only showing a few of the pages below. But it is a 9 page spread.


Love all the aging techniques on the front of the building.
In the photo above you can see my potion I decorated table in the lower right page.


Above you can see the herb bench I decorated in the left side.A quick peek at my Voodoo Doll how to..

5 comments:

  1. The Bayou Shack is amazing and one of the things that makes it so is your creations. I can't wait to try my hand at voodoo dolls :)

    Hugs
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill have to get the mag, I cant see enough, want to see more of your wonderful work up close! The house looks amazing and I love her dolls! Abit of a Johnny Depp lookalike in there too....always good!Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mag looks fun I will look for it at Borders. Love anything voodoo....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a fab issue, Great to see so many cool artists work including yourself. Look out for me in it too I am Kat the hat lady and I have a pirate hat tutorial arrrrrrrrrrrr shiver me timbers ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Hat how to Kat:-) Soooo into pirates right now..

    ReplyDelete